SKYRIM MOD: A STORY OF ASH
Development Status: Complete: Skyrim Workshop
Project Duration: 1.5 weeks
Team Size: 1
Position: Level Designer
Platform: PC Steam
Engine: Creation Kit
Download: [Steam Workshop]
A story of Ash is a dungeon and quest mod for Skyrim. I wanted to create a short experience where the player could explore a mine with a bit of story and puzzles. The player can stumble upon the location or enter it via quest from Malven Alen, a custom NPC with a bit of backstory delivered through the in-game dialogue. I also voiced acted his lines so that he fit into the world as a Dunmer from Morrowind. I took careful strides to replicate the sound of the Dunmer from that particular game.
- Built level using modular kits caves and mines splicing the two together to create a more natural feeling cavern.
- Provided a diamond path that has two rewarding outcomes providing more eureka moments for the player.
- Placed all NPCs, items, chests, and traps.
- Marked significant containers and characters usable by the radiant quest system.
- Created custom NPC and questline, wrote and voice recorded all dialogue.
- Re-purposed tripwires into a puzzle that could be activated by range. Placed bow in-case player had no ranged skills/weapons.